Tuesday, December 21, 2010

you get what you pay for

Thanks to *Coach Hoover for the heads up on this (and saving my ass)....Yahoo Video is removing all of its existing content in March.

http://www.techieinsider.com/news/4873

On December 15, 2010 the functionality to upload a video to Yahoo! Video was removed and a download utility, available through March 14, 2011, was added to users’ video profiles to allow retrieval of content. The user-generated content will be removed from Yahoo! Video on March 15, 2011. We apologize if this causes you any inconvenience.

Thanks, dickwads. Now my Yahoo account will only be valid for the annual fantasy football pastings.

So, my attempt at avoiding the issues I had with GoogleVideo (2006-2008) randomly pulling any game film I posted (not broadcast footage) have hit a brick wall. I am reluctantly migrating all my 500 some Yahoo videos into my Youtube account to conform to the Google monolith.

Change is good, I suppose, and this was something I was actually planning on doing anyway to make the content more accessible for mobile users. This affords me an opportunity to experiment with creating higher resolution game clips for viewing online. Oh well, you get what you pay for (both free...........for now). Also, likely unrelated, I'm itching for an opportunity to use my Captivate's TV-out function to record practice footage (in 720p) and connect it to a big screen with component cables after practice to go over coaching points (beats lugging around a camcorder).


*be on the look out for a moster project Coach Hoover is putting together in the coming weeks

another great blog worth checking out that just took off this past fall is

http://footballpressbox.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Alen said...

Brophy,

Thank you for the blog mention. I greatly appreciate it. I'm a 19 year old kid still learning but soon to be coaching football. I've learned a tremendous amount from you as well as many others. Thanks to all, happy holidays.

Alen Dumonjic

dacoachmo said...

You could use Vimeo...

SIDEBAR