Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Not that I care.....

Not that I care in the least, and I really do like Tim Tebow (even as a quarterback), but given the heavy-handed approach of the NFL and its regulations, I wonder if we will see a fine issued soon?




NFL and NCAA rules forbid players from marking their uniforms…

… The rule covers the helmet, jersey, pants, shoes, tape, wristbands, and headbands. No writing on any part of the body. Before each game uniform reps — former NFL players — prowl the sidelines looking for violators. When the teams go back into the locker room before the game starts, they are given a list of players who are in violation of the rule.


If they come out for the kickoff without removing the writing, they will be fined. According to Johnny Rembert, the uniform rep in Jacksonville and a 10-year NFL veteran, fines start at $5,000.

I'm not a believer, so I should preface this with the fact that I am happy Tebow and Colt McCoy are excelling at the quarterback position this season.  Both bring an exciting dynamic to the game, and both have real strong convictions in their faiths.

4 comments:

Zach said...

Most of my enjoyment of their success has been from being able to mentally tell Mel Kiper to suck it. I'm a Tebow fan and I like McCoy as well, so the last few weeks have been pleasantly distracting from how bad the Niners are.

Dubber said...

The wristband would be the most obvious place to hide this type of violation.......a little more grey area exists there (what's vital to the play calling, what's personal expression?)

As coaches, we can probably guess Luke's account is NOT part of the Broncos gameplan (I hear they lean toward gnostic gospels in their weekly preparation), but there MAY be ambiguity with someone who knows less about football (like former NFL players).

Really, he got away with it because of who he is and the social acceptability of the message.

I'm sure "SATAN RAPER" would have been an issue.............

Blitzology said...

It seems the NFL has selective eye sight. Troy Polamalu has a small red cross embroidered on his jersey just above his name on his back.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2714/4175936939_0d58875523_o.png

Anonymous said...

That are the same verses Linus recites in 'A Charlie Brown Christmas'...

SIDEBAR